The Panthers Group has exciting opportunities for a dedicated and hardworking Commis Chef to join their enthusiastic and busy kitchen teams.
About us …
Panthers Penrith Leagues Club sits proudly in the middle of what has become the impressive and expansive Panthers Precinct. Our club boasts 11 restaurants, 6 bars and 12 meeting, event and function rooms. Panthers is also home to numerous adrenalin activities, including Aqua Golf, iFly Indoor Skydiving and Cables Wake Park.
We have so much fun happening every day of the week, from bingo to trivia to poker and everything in between.
Panthers Penrith is one of 5 venues within the Panthers Group, one of Australia’s largest entertainment groups, and is home to the mighty Penrith Panthers NRL team.
About the Role …
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Chef to join our dedicated team in our fast-paced kitchens. You will enjoy working in an energetic kitchen team that prides itself on presenting quality food to our customers. Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will flourish in a fast-paced kitchen environment and have the ability to work efficiently and pro-actively.
In this role, you will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Food preparation, presentation and service;
- Assist senior chefs with daily kitchen preparations;
- Assist in catering for functions and various events;
- Cooking using grills and fryers;
- Prepare mise-en-place;
- Stock management;
- Cleaning the kitchen area and ensuring that the kitchen is well presented;
- Stock checking, accepting food deliveries and ensuring the safe storage of products and;
- Completing daily cleaning checklists to ensure a safe and hygienic workplace.
About you …
As an experienced Commis Chef, you will have excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
You will be punctual, have a strong work ethic and a positive and happy attitude to work. You are required to be flexible and reliable as you will need to be available 24/7 to work as required including nights, weekends and public holidays.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
- 2-3 years’ experience working as a Chef in a busy kitchen environment;
- Cert 3 in Commercial Cookery;
- Valid drivers license;
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills;
- Passion for the hospitality industry;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve and;
- Ability to work well unsupervised.
We’re looking for community-minded people who will make our members and their guests their number one priority. We want people with energy, enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
No recruitment agencies please
The Panthers Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.