- Join an industry leader
- Internal & External training opportunities & paid training sessions
- Internal promotions & transfer opportunities
- Career development opportunities
- Discounts on merchandise & at our restaurants
- Excellent working conditions, comfy staff room & free parking,
Bathurst Panthers have an amazing opportunity for an energetic and experienced Sous Chef to join their busy kitchen team.
About us …
Located in the heart of Bathurst, Panthers Bathurst offers members and guests a restaurant, two bars, meetings & events spaces, TAB facilities and a myriad of exciting weekly fun, games and entertainment.
Panthers Bathurst is one of 6 venues within the Panthers Group, one of Australia’s largest entertainment groups, and is home to the mighty Penrith Panthers NRL team.
About the Role …
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Sous Chef to join our fast-paced kitchen. You will enjoy working in an energetic kitchen team that prides itself on presenting quality food to our customers. You will thrive in a fast paced kitchen environment and have the ability to work efficiently and pro-actively. You will have the managerial expertise to step up during the absence of the Head Chef to effectively lead the team.
Your main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Effective day-to-day operations of the kitchen and Front of House;
- Managing a small team;
- Encompassing a friendly and supportive team environment;
- Catering and planning for functions;
- Food preparation, presentation and service;
- Ability to cook and present a variety of al a carte dishes;
- Stock management duties including stock takes and recording wastage;
- Menu planning and ordering stock;
- Managing food health and safety;
- Overseeing food produced and presented within the kitchen and;
- Implementing and enforcing food health and safety legislation.
About you …
As an experienced Sous Chef, you will have passion to inspire and motivate the people around you, you will be committed to customer service and the success of your team. You will need to be available 7 days a week including evenings, weekends, public holidays to work as required.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
Essential skills & competencies:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a busy kitchen in a Senior Chef role;
- Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery, First Aid Certificate and Food Safety Supervisor Certificate;
- High customer service skills and have a strong commitment to your trade, customers and team;
- High attention to detail and have the ability to work under pressure;
- Fantastic communication skills;
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Suite and;
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and strong problem solving skills.
We’re looking for community-minded people who will make our members and their guests their number one priority. We want people with energy, enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
No recruitment agencies please
The Panthers Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.